Does Vacuuming Kill Dust Mites? While vacuum cleaners are fantastic at sucking up pretty much everything you throw at them, one of the biggest questions many people have is whether or not they can kill dust mites if they are used consistently.
The answer is, unfortunately, no. Vacuum cleaners are excellent at removing dirt and debris from carpet fibers, but they are ineffective at killing dust mites, which live deep within the carpet rather than on the top of the pile – and this requires a lot of suction strength.
Many manufacturers say that the vibration of their machine loosens the dust mites, making them easier to remove, but this is not true. As vibrating may help dislodge some mites, it doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be sucked up and disposed of.
The most straightforward technique to kill of dust mites is to wash all of your house’s fibers in boiling water, which will help lower the number of mites. To minimize the number of dust mites at home, wash all bed linen, curtains, clothing, and other such items in a hot wash every seven days.
Carpets can also be hand-washed, but only with boiling water, and be sure to dry the area afterward thoroughly — moist regions are a paradise for dust mites!
Instead of Vacuuming, below are the Best Proven Products For Killing Dust Mites
|#1. Allergycare Cotton Mattress Encasing|
|- 100% Cotton mattress cover|
- Naturally soft cotton fibers
- Woven entirely of chemical-free, naturally soft cotton fibers
- 6 Sided mattresses encasing
- Latex free
|- Very effective
- Soft, cool, breathable, comfortable for the best sleep
- It fully encases the mattress
- Life time warranty
|#2. myWoolly™ Wool Pillow Case|
|- 100% machine washable wool.|
- Size: standard, king, queen.
- Fully encasing
|- Excellent moisture control
- Makes your sleeping surface 100% natural and chemical-free
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Blocks off-gassing from your current pillow
|#3. myWoolly™ Washable Wool Pillow|
|- 100% washable wool pillow.|
- Size: standard, king & queen
- Encased in 100% Natural Cotton, 270TC Percale
|- Helps maintain the spine in its natural position
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
|#4. Allersearch Allergen Wash|
|- Safe for the most delicate fabrics|
- Highly concentrated liquid detergent cleans and remove allergens from 30 medium loads
|- Provide relief for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Wash away dust mites in ANY temp.
|#5. DeMite Laundry Additive|
|- Constitutes Non-Ionic Surfactant, Benzyl Benzoate, Solvent, Methyl Salicylate, Tea Tree Oil|
- You add to your favorite detergent
- Available in 8 oz and 33.6 oz (Liter) bottles
- Simple and safe solution for getting rid of dust mite allergen
|- Safe to use on all colorfast, washable fabrics
- Works well in cold water as it does in hot
|#6. Allersearch X-mite Carpet Powder|
|- Cleaner and neutralizer|
- Contains Tanacetane 2, a tannic acid formulation
- Easy and simle to use
|- Kills household allergens from dust mites
- Medically proven to eliminate harmful allergens for up to 90 days
|#7. Allesearch ADS Anti-Allergen Spray|
|- Contains tannic acid|
- Non-toxic and safe for use around children and pets
|- Medically proven to neutralize the allergens from dust mites, and makes them permanently non-allergic
- Easy to use