Does Ultraviolet Light Kill Dust Mites? Ultraviolet light can kill dust mites. The ultraviolet light kills the dust mites by breaking down their DNA. This causes them to die and prevents them from reproducing.
Ultraviolet light is a form of radiation emitted by the sun. This type of light isinvisible to the human eye but can be detected by certain insects and animals.
You might think that since dust mites are so small, they could only be killed by a potent UV light source. But that’s not true. These tiny creatures have a very sensitive exoskeleton that makes them vulnerable to even small amounts of ultraviolet radiation.
So, if you want to get rid of dust mites in your house without using harsh chemicals or pesticides, then try installing ultraviolet light in each room where they’re known to live.
The Korea Food Research Institute study revealed that ultraviolet light did kill dust mites, but it had to be at a certain wavelength.
More research is needed to determine how effective this method would be at killing dust mite populations in real-life situations. However, cleaners who want to use UV-C lights to clean buildings should first have enough evidence of its effectiveness.
Instead of Ultraviolet Light, below are the Best Proven Products For Killing Dust Mites
|#1. Allergycare Cotton Mattress Encasing|
|- 100% Cotton mattress cover|
- Naturally soft cotton fibers
- Woven entirely of chemical-free, naturally soft cotton fibers
- 6 Sided mattresses encasing
- Latex free
|- Very effective
- Soft, cool, breathable, comfortable for the best sleep
- It fully encases the mattress
- Life time warranty
|#2. myWoolly™ Wool Pillow Case|
|- 100% machine washable wool.|
- Size: standard, king, queen.
- Fully encasing
|- Excellent moisture control
- Makes your sleeping surface 100% natural and chemical-free
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Blocks off-gassing from your current pillow
|#3. myWoolly™ Washable Wool Pillow|
|- 100% washable wool pillow.|
- Size: standard, king & queen
- Encased in 100% Natural Cotton, 270TC Percale
|- Helps maintain the spine in its natural position
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
|#4. Allersearch Allergen Wash|
|- Safe for the most delicate fabrics|
- Highly concentrated liquid detergent cleans and remove allergens from 30 medium loads
|- Provide relief for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Wash away dust mites in ANY temp.
|#5. DeMite Laundry Additive|
|- Constitutes Non-Ionic Surfactant, Benzyl Benzoate, Solvent, Methyl Salicylate, Tea Tree Oil|
- You add to your favorite detergent
- Available in 8 oz and 33.6 oz (Liter) bottles
- Simple and safe solution for getting rid of dust mite allergen
|- Safe to use on all colorfast, washable fabrics
- Works well in cold water as it does in hot
|#6. Allersearch X-mite Carpet Powder|
|- Cleaner and neutralizer|
- Contains Tanacetane 2, a tannic acid formulation
- Easy and simle to use
|- Kills household allergens from dust mites
- Medically proven to eliminate harmful allergens for up to 90 days
|#7. Allesearch ADS Anti-Allergen Spray|
|- Contains tannic acid|
- Non-toxic and safe for use around children and pets
|- Medically proven to neutralize the allergens from dust mites, and makes them permanently non-allergic
- Easy to use