Does Ultraviolet-C (Uvc) Light Kill Dust Mites? UV light has been utilized to sterilize medical instruments and water purification systems for many years. UV radiation can kill bacteria, viruses, germs, dust mite eggs, molds, and other microorganisms.
Still, its efficacy depends on the intensity of the light and the time the organism is exposed to it. Different things influence the outcome:
As various bacteria have varying levels of light tolerance, exposure does not work for all organisms.
The media to be cleaned and the UV light’s capacity to penetrate all contaminated locations.
The air moves swiftly past the UV lamp in many air purifiers and vacuum cleaners (75 to 700 cubic feet per minute through a narrow pipe). As a result, UV radiation has limited time to act.
UV light sanitizers are most successful in eliminating germs, dust mite eggs, dust mites, molds, and other microorganisms on a filter that catches and holds the bugs or on static surfaces that need to be cleansed.
This implies that while a wand UV light can efficiently clean hard surfaces like baby changing tables, it will not operate on a pillow since it will block the light and not penetrate the center.
For most uses, fabrics, cushions, bedding, curtains, and other items should be washed in boiling water.
HEPA air filtration can significantly reduce dust mites, their eggs, germs, and other allergens in the air. HEPA vacuuming can aid in the removal of allergens from carpets
Instead of Ultraviolet-C (Uvc) Light, below are the Best Proven Products For Killing Dust Mites
|#1. Allergycare Cotton Mattress Encasing|
|- 100% Cotton mattress cover|
- Naturally soft cotton fibers
- Woven entirely of chemical-free, naturally soft cotton fibers
- 6 Sided mattresses encasing
- Latex free
|- Very effective
- Soft, cool, breathable, comfortable for the best sleep
- It fully encases the mattress
- Life time warranty
|#2. myWoolly™ Wool Pillow Case|
|- 100% machine washable wool.|
- Size: standard, king, queen.
- Fully encasing
|- Excellent moisture control
- Makes your sleeping surface 100% natural and chemical-free
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Blocks off-gassing from your current pillow
|#3. myWoolly™ Washable Wool Pillow|
|- 100% washable wool pillow.|
- Size: standard, king & queen
- Encased in 100% Natural Cotton, 270TC Percale
|- Helps maintain the spine in its natural position
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
|#4. Allersearch Allergen Wash|
|- Safe for the most delicate fabrics|
- Highly concentrated liquid detergent cleans and remove allergens from 30 medium loads
|- Provide relief for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Wash away dust mites in ANY temp.
|#5. DeMite Laundry Additive|
|- Constitutes Non-Ionic Surfactant, Benzyl Benzoate, Solvent, Methyl Salicylate, Tea Tree Oil|
- You add to your favorite detergent
- Available in 8 oz and 33.6 oz (Liter) bottles
- Simple and safe solution for getting rid of dust mite allergen
|- Safe to use on all colorfast, washable fabrics
- Works well in cold water as it does in hot
|#6. Allersearch X-mite Carpet Powder|
|- Cleaner and neutralizer|
- Contains Tanacetane 2, a tannic acid formulation
- Easy and simle to use
|- Kills household allergens from dust mites
- Medically proven to eliminate harmful allergens for up to 90 days
|#7. Allesearch ADS Anti-Allergen Spray|
|- Contains tannic acid|
- Non-toxic and safe for use around children and pets
|- Medically proven to neutralize the allergens from dust mites, and makes them permanently non-allergic
- Easy to use