Does Not Making Your Bed Kill Dust Mites? A British study back in 2005 gave lazy people a reason to smile when it showed that leaving your bed unmade is a good way to keep dust mites off. The study asserted that dust mites thrive in a warm and moist environment in a well-covered bed.
When the bed is unmade, there is a better chance of circulation with air and light that dehydrates the little animals in the sheets.
However, the study was largely in theory and was not backed with scientific credibility through experimental trials. The impact of an unmade bed on natural humidity and desiccation was a point of contention.
There is no proof that when the bed is unmade, it has better circulation and a drying effect than a made bed. Similarly, the habit of not making the bed reflects the other behaviors that show the absence of hygiene.
So far, no follow-up studies have corroborated the British one with new evidence. Although the theory that not making your bed is better and the other makes the environment humid and warm, spreading has benefits. There are good ways to cultivate good hygiene by airing your beddings and changing them frequently. Both are better in managing hygiene and avoiding infestation than not making your bed in the morning.
Instead of Not Making Your Bed, below are the Best Proven Products For Killing Dust Mites
|#1. Allergycare Cotton Mattress Encasing|
|- 100% Cotton mattress cover|
- Naturally soft cotton fibers
- Woven entirely of chemical-free, naturally soft cotton fibers
- 6 Sided mattresses encasing
- Latex free
|- Very effective
- Soft, cool, breathable, comfortable for the best sleep
- It fully encases the mattress
- Life time warranty
|#2. myWoolly™ Wool Pillow Case|
|- 100% machine washable wool.|
- Size: standard, king, queen.
- Fully encasing
|- Excellent moisture control
- Makes your sleeping surface 100% natural and chemical-free
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Blocks off-gassing from your current pillow
|#3. myWoolly™ Washable Wool Pillow|
|- 100% washable wool pillow.|
- Size: standard, king & queen
- Encased in 100% Natural Cotton, 270TC Percale
|- Helps maintain the spine in its natural position
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
|#4. Allersearch Allergen Wash|
|- Safe for the most delicate fabrics|
- Highly concentrated liquid detergent cleans and remove allergens from 30 medium loads
|- Provide relief for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Wash away dust mites in ANY temp.
|#5. DeMite Laundry Additive|
|- Constitutes Non-Ionic Surfactant, Benzyl Benzoate, Solvent, Methyl Salicylate, Tea Tree Oil|
- You add to your favorite detergent
- Available in 8 oz and 33.6 oz (Liter) bottles
- Simple and safe solution for getting rid of dust mite allergen
|- Safe to use on all colorfast, washable fabrics
- Works well in cold water as it does in hot
|#6. Allersearch X-mite Carpet Powder|
|- Cleaner and neutralizer|
- Contains Tanacetane 2, a tannic acid formulation
- Easy and simle to use
|- Kills household allergens from dust mites
- Medically proven to eliminate harmful allergens for up to 90 days
|#7. Allesearch ADS Anti-Allergen Spray|
|- Contains tannic acid|
- Non-toxic and safe for use around children and pets
|- Medically proven to neutralize the allergens from dust mites, and makes them permanently non-allergic
- Easy to use