Does Clorox Kill Dust Mites? Clorox is popularly known as disinfecting and sanitizing agent. The liquid is made up of five components that are dissolved in water. They include; Sodium hypochlorite, sodium polyacrylate, sodium carbonate, sodium chloride, and sodium hydroxide.
Clorox is an excellent disinfecting compound and can clean surfaces for laundry and kill germs. However, Clorox is not registered as a dust mite pesticide or insecticide. The product is only registered as a disinfectant against bacteria, mold, and viruses by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This factor does not rule out the possibility of Clorox killing dust mites. Clorox contains similar ingredients as those in bleach that kill dust mites. When doing your laundry, you can use Clorox as a bleach activator. This will help your bleaching agents achieve maximum cleaning power.
To eliminate dust mites in your home, incorporate Clorox into your cleaning routine. You can use a Clorox solution to mop floors and clean surfaces. In addition, you can add Clorox when washing your beddings, curtains, and upholstery in hot water.
When using Clorox, ensure you wear a pair of gloves and open all the windows for ventilation. You should also avoid using Clorox on delicate fabrics as it may damage them. Remember to also keep it away from children and pets after use.
Instead of Clorox, below are the Best Proven Products For Killing Dust Mites
|#1. Allergycare Cotton Mattress Encasing|
|- 100% Cotton mattress cover|
- Naturally soft cotton fibers
- Woven entirely of chemical-free, naturally soft cotton fibers
- 6 Sided mattresses encasing
- Latex free
|- Very effective
- Soft, cool, breathable, comfortable for the best sleep
- It fully encases the mattress
- Life time warranty
|#2. myWoolly™ Wool Pillow Case|
|- 100% machine washable wool.|
- Size: standard, king, queen.
- Fully encasing
|- Excellent moisture control
- Makes your sleeping surface 100% natural and chemical-free
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Blocks off-gassing from your current pillow
|#3. myWoolly™ Washable Wool Pillow|
|- 100% washable wool pillow.|
- Size: standard, king & queen
- Encased in 100% Natural Cotton, 270TC Percale
|- Helps maintain the spine in its natural position
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
|#4. Allersearch Allergen Wash|
|- Safe for the most delicate fabrics|
- Highly concentrated liquid detergent cleans and remove allergens from 30 medium loads
|- Provide relief for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Wash away dust mites in ANY temp.
|#5. DeMite Laundry Additive|
|- Constitutes Non-Ionic Surfactant, Benzyl Benzoate, Solvent, Methyl Salicylate, Tea Tree Oil|
- You add to your favorite detergent
- Available in 8 oz and 33.6 oz (Liter) bottles
- Simple and safe solution for getting rid of dust mite allergen
|- Safe to use on all colorfast, washable fabrics
- Works well in cold water as it does in hot
|#6. Allersearch X-mite Carpet Powder|
|- Cleaner and neutralizer|
- Contains Tanacetane 2, a tannic acid formulation
- Easy and simle to use
|- Kills household allergens from dust mites
- Medically proven to eliminate harmful allergens for up to 90 days
|#7. Allesearch ADS Anti-Allergen Spray|
|- Contains tannic acid|
- Non-toxic and safe for use around children and pets
|- Medically proven to neutralize the allergens from dust mites, and makes them permanently non-allergic
- Easy to use